30 Amazing Facts About The Richest Bill Gates
What you all know about Bill Gate other than he is/was the world’s richest man? The list below encompasses 30 facts regarding Bill Gate and his family. Even so, the list is not exhaustive and you’re welcomed to tell us at the comment section. Hope you enjoy the list!
1. Bill Gates’s SAT score was 1590. The top score for the test is 1600.
2. By the age of 17, Bill Gates had sold his first computer program, a time-tabling system for his high school, for $4,200.
3. Bill Gates told his university teachers, he would be a millionaire by age 30. He became a billionaire at age 31.
4. While at Harvard, Bill Gates co-wrote Altair BASIC, which became Microsoft’s first product.
5. Bill Gates met his wife, Melinda French, in 1987 at a Microsoft press event in Manhattan while she was a worker for the company. They would go on to get married on New Years Day in 1994.
6. In 2002, Bill Gates was considered more idolized than Chinese Communist leader Mao Tse-tun-gin a poll of teenagers in Hong Kong and China. The survey was conducted by the City University of Hong Kong.
7. Bill Gate is currently having a building named after him at Carnegie Mellon University, called the Gates Building of Computer Science.
8. Bill Gates earns $250 every second; that’s about $20 million a day and $7.8 billion a year!
9. If Bill Gates drops a thousand-dollar bill, he needn’t even bother to pick it up, because it would take him 4 seconds to pick it up, he would’ve already earned it back.
10. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has given over $28 billion to charity, making the couple the second most generous philanthropists in the United States as of 2007.
11. The US national debt is about 5.62 trillion, if Bill Gates were to pay the debt by himself; he will finish it in less than 10 years.
12. Bill Gates can donate US$15 to everyone on earth but still be left with US$5 million for his pocket money.
13. Michael Jordan is the highest paid athlete in US. If he doesn’t drink and eat, and keep up his annual income, i.e. US$30 Million, he’ll have to wait for 277 years to become as rich as Bill Gates is now.
14. If Bill Gates was a country, he would be the 37th richest country on earth.
15. If you change all of Bill Gate’s money to US$1 notes, you can make a road from earth to moon, 14 times back and forth. However, you have to make that road non-stop for 1,400 years, and use a total of 713 BOEING 747 planes to transport all the money.
16. If we assume that Bill Gate will live for another 35 years, he has to spend US$6.78 Million per day to finish all his money before he can go to heaven.
17. If Microsoft Windows’ users can claim US$1 for every time their computers hang because of Microsoft Windows, Bill Gates will be bankrupt in 3 years.
18. Time magazine named Bill Gates one of the 100 people who most influenced the 20th century, as well as one of the 100 most influential people of 2004, 2005, and 2006. Time also collectively named Bill Gates, his wife Melinda and U2’s lead singer Bono as the 2005 Persons of the Year for their humanitarian efforts. Bill Gates was ranked as the wealthiest person in the world every year from 1995 to 2007, and again in 2009.
20. Bill Gates has donated U.S. $ 28 billion to charity. This ’cause’ Gates fell to two of the world’s richest person, after Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim. In fact, Gates has held the title of richest man for nearly two decades.
21. Bill Gates has three children, currently aged 15, 12, and 9 years, reportedly will leave each at least U.S. $ 10 million. But Gates did not reveal this in an interview. According to Gates, “I do not think the amount of money it would be beneficial to them.” In addition, he hates legacy.
22. Bill Gates is not known in poor and developing countries. “Because the world I do not deal directly with them. I have now is with the minister of a country, then people ask me who I am. The minister replied, ‘Only white people that I bring to see you,’” Gates said.
23. Bill Gates is worth enough money to send every single 18year old in the country to a 4-year college.
24. Bill Gates has been heard saying that he wishes to become the first private citizen put into space. He is worth enough money to fund his own mission to Mars, twice.
25. A billionaire at 31, and presently one of the wealthiest men in the world (his estimated worth stands at approximately $70 billion, as of November 2000),Bill Gates is a 20th century visionary who proved to the world that it’s the software that makes the computer, not the machine.
26. Bill Gates bans his wife and three children from use of arch-rival Apple’s products. Instead of iPad or IPod, they would rather go for the Zune player.
27. Bill Gates had an early interest in software and began programming computers at the age of thirteen. In 1973, Bill Gates became a student at Harvard University, where he met Steve Ballmer (now Microsoft’s chief executive officer). While still a Harvard undergraduate, Bill Gates wrote a version of the programming language BASIC for the MITS Altair microcomputer.
28. Bill Gates grew up in an upper middle-class family with two sisters: Kristianne, who is older, and Libby, who is younger.
29. Bill Gates and Melinda Gates’ house worth of $150 million and annual taxes is over $1 million.
30. Bill Gates favorite car is definitely Porsche. He owns a 1999 Porsche 911 convertible, which is quite a rare car. His other car is a 1988 Porsche 959 Coupe, which is one of 230 made by Porsche. In fact, due to the 959’s questionable emissions and unknown crash ratings, It took a federal law signed by President Clinton to legally drive his 959 on American roads.